Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This is some OLD BULLSHIT...

Ok, so I wake up this morning prepared to put in my 2-2.5 hour requirement to Bexar County, in the form of Jury Duty. Rush out the house, drop Bug and head to the courthouse. Get to the courthouse, I'm right on time lol I don't show up early for anything unless I deem it necessary. It starts 35 minutes late. So I'm thinking to myself they're cutting into their 2 hrs. Then the lady in charge violently jolts me into her reality that my ass will be there until a minimum of 3:30. Ok, whatever. I figure ill just bust into some of the homework, I was gonna do when I got home anyway, rewrite the IR for work, peruse crackberry and whatever else I deemed worthy of my jury duty time. But guess what? No laptop in the whip, because I took it out last night to play with the bluetooth. I never take it out of my car. And the one time I do, it completely fucks up my day. So, I call up psycho, ask him to bring it to me. He says no he doesn't have any gas, quite interesting to me considering I just got a bill from chevron for a card I haven't used probably since the beginning of last summer? So basically he stole my card used it and won't use MY gas to bring me MY laptop. So all in all this day is just some OLD BULLSHIT......

Ok, it gets better. So about 5 hours & 2 blogs later, they finally called my name to be in a group of 62. Of the 62, 12 of us were going to be picked. Good, finally i'm done wasting my damn time. So he lines us all up in the hallway, only to say it'll be another 30 minutes. Apparently they didnt need us yet. So we all decide to wait in the hallway. 30 minutes turns into a hour, when he comes back out to say that we should probably wait in the jury room because he doesn't know how much longer the wait will be. 1/4 decides to go buy food, another quarter goes to wait in the jury room and half decides to stay in the hallway. It is now 2pm. About 4 they ask all jurors to report back to the jury room. They let us know our case got canceled and they would start sending the other 150 or so people home. They finally released me at 4:30. WOohOoO. I sat in the courthouse all day BORED, no laptop, no book, no magazine to not even have to be involved in a trial.

On the bright side, I had a nice conversation mid-day :-).....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Do You Think?